Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Excuses, Excuses

As you may have noticed, it's been a little while since I've posted here. Okay, okay, it's been a LONG while. I am guilty of being a bad blogger. But, I do have excuses! :-)
First, my husband has started his own business and he needs to take the camera on site with him every day. Now, I don't know about you, but I have a hard time posting without pictures. I'm just not that "wordy"... I need the visuals. So, no camera, no pictures, no posts. It's that simple.
Second, I've been working a full time job while growing larger and larger and becoming more and more exhausted by the end of the day. Too tired to post. Good news though.... I started my maternity leave last week! YAY!!! :-D
And last, I've developed a horrible tingly-numbness in my hands over the past few weeks. The doctor said its carpel-tunnel syndrome caused by the extra fluids in my arms and hands and that the only cure is to "have the baby"... um, thanks for the advice doc. I've been super-lucky during this entire pregnancy with nothing to complain about.... I've been happy (no terrible mood swings) and healthy this whole time.... But this carpel-tunnel syndrome thing is the pits!!! I can't knit at all and its starting to make me a little grumpy. I was hoping to get so much accomplished during these last few weeks while I'm off work. I had great plans of booties and baby socks, but no, it's just not going to happen. I hope little baby will forgive me.

4 Comments:

  • I'll take a photo-less blog post over no post at all, but PLEASE find a camera before the baby is born. Otherwise I will have to come over daily to take pictures.

    Never mind. I'll come over daily anyway. Heh.

    (That should scare the Mr. into giving you back your camera or getting you a new one!)

    By Blogger Marlene, at 10:07 p.m.  

  • Oh, I remember that carpal-tunnel thing with my first pregnancy. It really sucked. The first time it kicked in was when I was writing a check at the grocery store. My hand froze up so bad I couldn't even finish writing the check. I could barely sign it. That was really embarassing. I lost 19 lbs in water weight in the first 24 hrs after giving birth. (I had preeclampsia, so I was WAY bloated.) It gets better. Just take care of yourself.

    By Blogger midgeling, at 9:51 a.m.  

  • i had the same problem - but i got one of these and it helped tremendously. just rub it between your hands and wrists. after a bit, it was possible to knit for awhile. good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:32 a.m.  

  • Thanks for the tip semaphoria!
    I will definately try it!

    By Blogger kristo, at 10:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here