Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 16, 2006

Big, BIG, Belly!!!

Woah!!! Holy expanding waistband Batman!!!
It's been less than a month since my first "belly" photo and let's just say I've grown. I don't really think I'm supposed to be this big this soon, but oh well. It's not soft or anything.... It's a big, firm belly. The doctor assures me that I'm a perfectly normal size for 19.5 weeks. Yeah, okay, sure. :-)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I've been feeling the baby moving quite a bit this week! It's a really weird / cool feeling! It makes it all suddenly seem that much more "real". It's an odd concept to grasp... there's a little person LIVING INSIDE ME!!!! WEIRD!!! :-)
Jeramey has gotten over his belly touching phobia. Now he's the opposite. He's constantly harassing me to "see the belly" and he always wants to touch it. He thinks it's cute. We'll see if he still thinks it's "cute" in 4 months when I'm enormous and taking up the entire bed! :-)

My ultrasound is booked for October 31st.... yes, Halloween.... I hope they don't tell me I'm having a pumpkin!!! (although, it's starting to feel that way!)
We are VERY excited about seeing the little guy or girl for the first time. We are planning on finding out the sex if we can. I just can't stand the anticipation. I know I will be happy with a girl or a boy but I'm really, really curious to find out. Anybody care to take a guess??? 2 weeks before we know (hopefully) the answer!

10 Comments:

  • I'd guess, but by tomorrow I'd be saying something different anyway. One minute I think it's a girl, the next I'm anticipating a boy. Either way it doesn't matter, our grandchild will be very well loved.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 9:36 p.m.  

  • How exciting you are half way there!! I think you will have a boy ;) or maybe a girl? Maybe TWINS?? We hope you are feeling great and enjoying your pregnancy!!
    Take care of yourself!! Callie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 p.m.  

  • i don't know why, but that belly is screaming "boy!" at me. i'll have to come back and find out, huh? are you knitting for the wee one yet?

    By Blogger dragon knitter, at 4:33 a.m.  

  • Your belly photo is great! I'm at 19 weeks myself and can totally relate to the feeling of having a big hard belly :o)

    Good luck with your ultrasound, I hope that you find out the gender!

    By Blogger stacey, at 8:03 a.m.  

  • Glad to see that your enjoying this amazing experience that's happening to your body!!You think it feels "weird" now just wait til that baby gets the hiccups!!! Put me down for a boy:) Aunty Sandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:53 a.m.  

  • No pumpkins in the family that I know of! For some reason I feel you may have a boy too. No reason other than it's time. It is the most exciting thing to feel them move isn't it? Wait till they do a flip in there!! Take care your growing family. Auntie Anne

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:40 p.m.  

  • I'm going to go against everyone elses guess and say...GIRL. I recall carrying that way too and everyone said boy, but they were wrong. So GIRL. It is so exciting!! Remember to relax as much as you can now. Any great cravings yet? Selina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:08 p.m.  

  • Lookin good there :) I hope your ultrasound goes well - they won't tell you the gender at the clinic - they'll tell your doctor in their report and then the doctor will tell you at your next appointment. They won't even tell your doctor until you are past 20 weeks. I will vote for boy - as I had a simular shape - but hey I am winging it here!

    By Blogger Ej, at 11:38 p.m.  

  • WHAT!?!?!? They won't tell me!?!?!? NOOOOOO!!!!!! That's it! I'm booking my doctors appointment asap! I'm sooo curious!!!!

    By Blogger kristo, at 8:33 a.m.  

  • Hi, I found your website doing a search on "knit dinosaur". I'd found a Family Circle book at my library with the same pattern you knit, and another dinosaur too, and now I can't find it again just when I need to knit the pattern. Do you mind emailing me to tell me what the title of the book is so I can have them reserve it for me? jeloca@sympatico.ca p.s. Cute baby bump! I'm 9.5 weeks and am looking forwards to watching my bump grow too.

    By Blogger Jennifer Lori, at 2:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here