Buster N Me

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

yet another hobby

A few weeks ago I went to a "spin-in" with my Mom.
I didn't really know what to expect. To be honest, I didn't really think I would like spinning that much. I was wrong. I had a really good time. Everybody there was super nice.... and to my surprise, the spinning was fun too.
I'm not good at it..... but I'm making progress. I was doing "okay" at the spin-in with Mom watching and teaching me, but when I got home and tried spinning a couple days later.... not so good. In fact, I would go so far as to say I was pathetic.
I have been practicing with a huge bag of "fluff" (new to the spinning terminology - sorry to all you spinners) to practice on. I am getting better.
Here is my first bobbin (which I totally swore at and gave up) next to my second bobbin... Yes, there is progress.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I still have a bunch of the white fluff left to keep practicing.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

which is a good thing because Mom bought me 100g (?) of this cool blue-faced something-or-other. I wrote the name down somewhere but can't find it right this minute. Anyway... I want to get a little better before I attempt spinning the better stuff so I don't just ruin it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

One of the vendors had a Huge ball of that stuff on top of their display. Mom and I were admiring all the different "fluffs" people had for sale and I mentioned that I wanted THAT ball of fluff. While i was spinning away, she snuck over and bought a wad of it for me. :-) Thanks Mom!

I also won a door prize!!! YAY!!! I won some pink fluff. (Merino)
Mom said Merino is harder to spin so I will save it for a while until I'm "ready".

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

  • The ball of roving isBluefaced Leicester.

    What Kris doesn't mention is that she had to set the wheel up at home on her own....and it is a finicky one to get "just so". I think she is doing very well.

    Also, the pile of white rovings she is learning on is not the greatest quality and it is hard to spin it consistant or thin.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 11:32 a.m.  

  • your "fluff" looks wonderfully spun.. and that first skein.. I'd say keep it.. either in a bag or frame it! thats what I did with mine and my girls first spinning..

    By Blogger Dandy, at 7:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Click Here